Trustee and Local Governing Body Vacancies
Join our Board of Trustees
We are seeking dedicated and experienced individuals to join our Board of Trustees to help us achieve our mission of providing the best school experience for every child and to be the best employer we can be. As a Trustee, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference by contributing your expertise and insight to the strategic direction of our trust.
We are looking for people who are passionate about education and who have experience in areas such as finance, governance, education policy, law, safeguarding, marketing, estates or HR. As a Trustee, you'll be responsible for ensuring that the Trust is run effectively and efficiently, and that our resources are used to achieve the best outcomes for all our students.
The Trust Board has three core functions:
- To ensure clarity of the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Trust.
- To holding the Executive Leaders to account for the educational performance of the schools and its students and the effective and efficient performance management of staff.
- To oversee the financial performance of the schools and ensure that money is well spent
The role of a Trustee is a voluntary one but is incredibly important. In supporting the Trust Board to carry out its core functions you will be involved in:
- Working with the Trust's leadership team to set strategic goals and policies;
- Monitoring the Trust's progress and ensuring that it is meeting its targets;
- Overseeing the Trust's budget and ensuring that resources are being used effectively;
- Providing guidance and support to the Trust's schools;
- Making important decisions about the Trust's future direction, development and growth;
- Ensuring that as an organisation, the Trust complies with its obligations under current legislation and statutory guidance;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; and
- Ensuring the health and safety of its staff, students and visitors.
In return for your time and effort, you'll gain valuable experience, develop new skills, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you're making a difference in the lives of young people. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people, build your network and contribute to the wider community.
Join our Local Governing Bodies
Our schools are also seeking committed and enthusiastic individuals to join their Local Governing Bodies to help provide the best possible education to our students. As a Governor, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference by working closely with the school's leadership team to ensure that all children receive the support and guidance they need to succeed as well as the best possible education to our students
Our schools are looking for people from all walks of life who are passionate about education and have a strong desire to help make a positive impact in our community. Whether you are a parent, a local business owner or a retired professional, your skills and experience would be of real benefit as a Governor.
As a Governor, you will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Working with the school's leadership team to set strategic goals and priorities
- Overseeing the educational performance of the pupils, and reviewing and monitoring the effectiveness of the curriculum and the quality of education
- Ensuring compliance with Trust wide policies and signing off school specific policies
- Engaging with parents, teachers, and students to gather their feedback and views
- Making important decisions about the school's future direction and development
- Regularly reviewing the wellbeing and safeguarding of all pupils and staff at the school
- Monitoring compliance to the Trust’s Health & Safety Policy and any school specific Health & Safety related policies
By volunteering your time and effort, you will be joining a group of over 250,000 volunteers nationwide, there will be important decisions to be made and a great deal to learn. You will have the chance to acquire invaluable experience, cultivate new skills, and take pride in positively impacting the lives of young individuals. Additionally, you'll have the prospect of expanding your network, and making a meaningful contribution to the broader community.
If you're interested in becoming a Trustee or Governor, we'd love to hear from you. Please get in touch with us, via our contact us page to find out more about our vacancies and how you can apply.
Together, we can shape the future of education and ensure that all young people have access to the high-quality education they deserve.